Monday, July 7, 2014

September: National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month



I'm looking at several options for September, to help raise awareness of hydrocephalus in Washington state.  September is going to be here before we know it!  Many of the ideas I've had would need to be planned out further in advance.  Maybe for 2015!

Ideally, I would love to have an event a week during the month for raising awareness.  I've contacted some people who are interested in including their businesses in this.  One thing I would like to do is a dinner or brunch type of event.  I'm looking for more ideas.

I've had a PSA idea in my head for awhile too.  It would be great to see that happen.

It IS Seafair time right now.  Someday I would like to see us have a place in the festivities.

While I know that many want to focus on raising funds for 'The Cure', our focus is on awareness of the many aspects of hydrocephalus and living the best lives possible with the condition.  There is still SO much to be done in this area.  There are aspects of research that are very compelling and we want to get the word out about those findings as well, we are simply not focused on funding research.


No comments:

Post a Comment